Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lily's Books...

So I wanted to give everyone a better look at her books so far.  I have a few more I wanted to get already, but I would appreciate any recommendations for favorites.

This is the bottom shelf where the bigger board books go.  In case she is grabbing at them they are closer to the ground.  My two favorites on this shelf are: Olivia and Rise and Shine.

Here is the next shelf up and it's for smaller board books.  My favorites from here are: The Very Hungry Caterpillar and the Dr. Seuss books.

This is the next shelf up and there are a lot of good books on this shelf like: Zen Shorts, Goodnight Moon, Bob the Dog, Princess Baby Night Night, Owl at Home, Frog and Toad Together, Owl Moon, The Velveteen Rabbit, The Dr. Seuss books and the Golden Books.

This is the highest shelf and has the books I can read to her in the coming years or the ones with dangerous batteries that need my supervision to read.  They were all on great sales or I had them already, I'm not trying to plan years in advance lol.

Here are some of the favorite thin books you can't see on the shelf.

So, what am I missing for her collection?  What were some of the favorites from your childhood or from reading to your child?  Let me know!  :)

14 comments:

  1. My son loves little hand sized books. They are usually only a few pages, but very easy for little ones to hold and "read" on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I need to get more books specifically for babies. I've been looking into buying a few more touch-and-feel as well as some black and white ones that are easier for young babies to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahh...There's a Monster at the End of This Book!! That was one of my all-time favourites. Congratulations on the girlie news :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was also a favorite of both my husband's and mine! I love how it broke the fourth wall and it was so creative for a children's book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG we are like SO on the same page. I've been working on her book stash too. Plus, my in laws are throwing me a book shower this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome. Some people don't understand why I have so many books for a baby, but if she's anything like me or my nurture can influence her to be, then she's going to love her library and be so happy that I started collecting early! Plus it's for me too. Who wants to read the same story over and over if they don't have to? At least this way I'll get some variety at bedtime before she hits that phase of needing the familiarity of the same story each night lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. olivia, is such a good book :)i hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration!

    I am also hosting a giveaway! a one of a kind feather hair accessory, by The Gray Deer ($16 worth/USA Residents only)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was my favorite book when I was a child. To this day, it still gets me choked up. Very touching story of the love a child has for his toy and what that love has done for the rabbit. Beautiful illustrations to keep a child interested in the pages and the story. Sniff, Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I miss the old Winnie the Pooh books, including the Milne poetry, on your shelf? I had those four when I was a child and loved them and read them to my own children. I love the original illustrations more than the 70's ones.

    I'm 56 years old and still read The Velveteen Rabbit on occasion. To be honest, I think I like and understand it more as an adult even than I did as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Now We Are Six on the shelf there and then I also have a collection on my NookColor and I'm planning on buying another. I loved the Winnie-the-Pooh stuff. It was so well written and played to your sense of wonder and imagination. I also really love the play on words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's pretty easy to set up a blog, the work is just in keeping up with the posts. I have not done that lately since I've had my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved reading Chicka Chicka Boom Boom to my kids. It has great rhythm. Sheep in a Jeep is another favorite. And for when she's a bot older, the Mr. Putter and Tabby books are charming (my teenaged daughter wanted to make sure I didn't give those way when we went weeding through the small kid books).

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment! Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. ♥