Monday, May 2, 2011

April in Review!

Woo, my second complete month of blogging is over and I slowed down a bit with my reading and posts, because I've been sleeping a lot since I'm pregnant.  :)  Thank goodness my sleepiness is for a reason and I'm not just being lazy!  Haha.  Anyway, I wanted to go over all the books I read and pick some favorites again.  :) In April I read and reviewed 10 books and my favorites were (in order of preference):

Wild Magic, by Tamora Pierce was a fun fantasy that really pulled me into the amazing world of Tortall and inspired me to eventually buy and read all of her books.  I just loved the unique world she created and the characters really come to life in this book, so I expect more great things from her books in the future. 

City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare was a great introduction to the Mortal Instruments series.  Thank you to everyone who encouraged me to read this one sooner rather than later, because it didn't disappoint.  There are a lot of things going on in this book, but it didn't seem to drag at all and I thought the pace was pretty good throughout.  I love Cassandra Clare's writing style too, it's so descriptive and beautiful.

Spells, by Aprilynne Pike is the 2nd in the Laurel series and I really enjoyed the added element of potion-making in this one.  It's like magical chemistry and I don't think I've read anything like it in awhile, if ever.  I also continued to love the fresh take of faeries with the flower/plant element.  I truly love this series and it surprises me when people say they didn't like it, but to each their own!  :) 






April Recap:

Gingerbread, by Rachel Cohn
Blood Ninja, by Nick Lake
Syren (Septimus Heap #5), by Angie Sage
Wild Magic, by Tamora Pierce
Crashed/Shattered (Gripping Trilogy #2), by Robin Wasserman
Angel Burn (ARC), by L.A. Weatherly
The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodges Burnett
Spells (Laurel #2), by Aprilynne Pike
Bless This Mouse (NetGalley), by Lois Lowry
City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare

All-in-all, it was a good month filled with good reading and lots of great things in my personal life.  I did read a few less this month, but hopefully there was plenty of posts for everyone to read and think about anyway!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to make May a fun month here at Sandra the Nook Worm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment! Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. ♥