Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Forest of Hands and Teeth

Teaser Tuesday is a meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading so we can share a bit from the book we're currently reading.  I just finished The Forest of Hands and Teeth (a great zombie apocalypse book), but I haven't started anything else yet, so that is the book I'll share from and this is my favorite creepy part...

"There is a child - a baby - who long since kicked off her blankets.  Her skin is ashen and her mouth open in a perpetual yet silent scream.  She isn't old enough to roll over, to sit up, to climb.  So she lies there kicking her fat legs against the footboard of the crib, eternally calling for her mother.  For food.  For flesh."

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I feel a little silly. I just picked up this audiobook from the library and it's been on my TBR for a long time... and I NEVER realized it was zombie book! LOL! Now I'm even more intrigued! ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really good! I hope to get around to posting a review soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment! Thank you for taking the time to give me some feedback. ♥