Today's question: Inspired by the #100FactsAboutMe Twitter trend... what are five book-related silly facts about you?
My answer: There are lots I could write about since I've loved reading ever since I started doing it at age three, but I'll try and pick five really interesting ones to share with everyone...
1. When I was a kid I would check out an overflowing backpack of books from the library almost every week.
2. I used to get in trouble for reading all the time when I was a kid. My parents would always catch me up at all hours reading by my nightlight or in the bathroom and then my teachers were always punishing me for hiding books under my desk to read while they lectured! I always hated lectures though, I learn best by reading or doing it myself. :)
3. I wrote my own book when I was 11 or 12 and the lead male had a forever changing name, because I would always name him after my current crush (which apparently didn't last very long haha). The paper got so worn from so many changes that I eventually started calling him nothing and just left a blank spot!
4. I have read more books this year than I have any other year of my adult life and it's all thanks to the added convenience and unlimited virtual space on my NookColor!
5. I loved a book so much once (The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry) that after the covers fell off and the pages came apart, I simply stapled them back together and put them in a tiny folder instead of throwing them away. I finally did get a brand new copy (how I treasure it), but I'll never forget my falling apart copy, read to the point of total destruction.
Today's question: If you could physically put yourself into a book or series which one would it be and why?
My answer: My B&N friends already know the answer to this question since I posed a similar question on the B&N boards not too long ago, but...
1. I would love to live in the world of Harry Potter and be a teacher at Hogwarts.
2. I would love to live in a house made from a tree like the Berenstain Bears and I've seen some pretty amazing adult tree houses too!
3. I would love to be able to fly like the kids in the Maximum Ride series (although some of their adventures are a bit dangerous for my tastes lol, I guess dreaming about flying will have to suffice haha).
4. I also think The Shire from The Lord of the Rings series would be a wonderful place to call home, although the houses might be a tad short for me (haha) and I've also always wanted to try that amazing bread from the elves!
5. The chocolate factory from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl would be such a cool amusement park and if there ever is one, I'm going! They could serve chocolate drinks near a thick tan river and there could be a bungee trampoline with edible bubbles everywhere! It could be so awesome. :)
6. Last-but-not-least, I would love to visit (not live at) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe from Douglas Adams' epic series: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and see the universe come to its end over and over in an unbelievable loop of exploding lights and colors.
Well, there's my FF and hop for the week! Thanks for stopping by, reading, posting and following me everyone! *hugs* Oh and for all those Nook and NookColor users out there, don't forget it's Free Friday and this week the book is The Phantom of Pemberly: A Pride and Prejudice Murder Mystery. It has a total rating of four stars so far and it's definitely worth getting since it's free! Get it here!